Arrested for DUI in Washington State?
When an individual is accused of a DUI in Washington State, they face two distinct, different prosecutions. First is the criminal prosecution in court where the person is charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Second is the Department of Licensing administrative action hearing to suspend the person’s driver’s license. These criminal and administrative proceedings can be effectively handled by our firm. If you are charged with a DUI, we will:
- Submit a letter to the DOL requesting a hearing so they will not suspend your driver’s license automatically.
- Represent you at your DOL hearing.
- Contact the Prosecuting attorney and obtain all of the police reports and other information about your case that we are entitled to have.
- Check to see whether the stop, the field sobriety test, and the breathalyzer test were all conducted properly.
- Examine breathalyzer maintenance records.
- Use our own team of investigators and forensics specialists to challenge the state’s evidence and present mitigating evidence to support your case.
- Attempt to minimize the charges through plea negotiations and diversion programs for first-time offenders, if appropriate.
- Prepare your case for trial and provide you with vigorous courtroom defense..
Be aware that there are vital time frames that must be adhered to in order to successfully assert certain types of claims. Contact Daryl Graves immediately if you are facing a DUI charge in Washington State.
Below are just a few of the criminal charges we help defend in Tacoma, Puyallup, Olympia, Seattle, and all of King, Pierce, and Thurston counties. Please contact us if yours is not listed, we can still help you!